Saturday, October 24, 2009

Marc Prensky

After reading the Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants, I realized how true what the author was saying. I'm thankful to hear his perspective. We do try to put things in a box and package things the same way. I can totally relate to studying with no TV in the background and things of that nature because we were preached at growing up find a quiet place and study. I have always been amazed watching my daughters growing up how they can read abook while the tv is on or people are in the room talking or how they could listen to music, watch TV and do their homework. Now you see people driving and texting. I'm not that talented. Personally I think its dangerous but young people think nothing of it. Another thing that I and other adults of my age and older find it odd that a group teenagers/college age can be sitting in a group of friends texting other friends, talking on their cellphone and not really talking to the friends their with, how weird is that. they used to call their friends on the phone but more and more they are communicating by texting eachother, or commininicating through the computer on sites such as facebook and my space. It seems like communication breakdown to those of us who are digital immigrants. I fall into the category of enjoying and adopting the technology but I still fall into the digital immigrant category. Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment